Each quarter iPi Soft is giving away 1 (one) year subscription for the iPi Mocap Studio Pro software, plus one year's maintenance.
To enter, contestants need to produce an original 3D animation using a trial version or a full version of the iPi Soft Motion Capture software, and send a link to the animated video to email@example.com.
Please provide brief description which motions were captured with iPi Mocap.
If you do not own a full license of the iPi Motion Capture software, a trial version can be easily downloaded from our website, www.ipisoft.com. Please note that owners with a full license of the software are also eligible to enter the competition for a chance to win additional license keys.
iPi Soft will choose one winning animation entry each quarter and its author will be awarded a 1 year subscription to the iPi Mocap Studio Pro. iPi Soft will send license key to the winner by email.
iPi Soft will also publish the winner’s name and video on the iPi Soft blog to give the author additional exposure.
Contestants can re-enter the contest each quarter with a new animation until a license is won. Those who already won a prize can enter the competition again one year after.
Answers to common questions:
How to win?
Create a great-looking animation using our iPi Soft Motion Capture software.
How long should my animation be?
Several seconds is long enough.
How to increase my chances of winning?
Render a finished movie (even if it is short). Just make sure it is interesting and looks great. To increase your chances, create a “Behind the Scenes” accompanying video. For an example, please refer to Nicolas Brunet’s winning entry, DanseKabyle - Teaser and its Making of. (Nicolas Brunet is a previous winner of a 3D World Magazine/iPi Soft competition, http://www.ipisoft.com/3dwcomp.html).
Who will judge the competition?
iPiSoft staff will choose the winners.
Can I use keyframing animation?
This competition is for motion captured animations. Contestants can use some keyframing to enhance motion captured animation (for example, to animate fingers or props). However, animation of characters’ bodies, arms and legs should be based on motions captured with iPi Motion Capture software.
Can I use the trial version of iPi Mocap software to create my animation?
My trial version expired. How can I render my animation for the competition?
You can import your CG character model into iPiStudio (“File”->”Import Target Character”) and render your animation there. The only thing missing from expired trial is skeletal animation export. You should still be able to process your motion inside iPiStudio and export a video.
I own a commercial license for iPi Mocap. Can I still enter this competition?
I did not win this quarter. Can I enter the competition again next quarter?
Yes, you can enter again, but you must enter with a new animation. You cannot re-submit your previous animation.
I won. Can I enter again next quarter to win additional licenses?
No. Please be nice and give a chance to win to other people. You can enter a competition again one year after you won.
Do you give away cameras?
No. We only award a license for iPi Mocap software in this competition.
Will you publish links to all contestant animations in your blog?
We’ll do our best to publish links to more animations to give our contestants as much exposure as possible. However, we reserve the right to not publish some contestant animations at our own discretion without explanation.
Are there any restrictions for Competion videos conent?
Yes, please refer to the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and conditions
These rules (“Competition Rules”) specified by iPiSoft LLC (the “Company”) apply to any competition which is run by Company (“Competition”). By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
- All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of posting (if relevant) shall not be deemed proof of delivery. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
- Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar) and, unless otherwise stated, are limited to one per household. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
- The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
- Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to any person of 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) resellers and agents of the Company.
Restrictions for Competition videos content:
- Videos must not contain nudity
- No rape, No torture
- No explicit sexual content or other obscene content
By entering a Competition you:
- grant the Company, any third parties appointed by the Company for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes; and
- grant the Company the right to use your personal information to send you information about their respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given.
- accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company and its licensees the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry;
- waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
- warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service of the Company but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to the postal or email address for competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by an SAE.
If you are a winner of a Competition:
- the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Unless otherwise stated, the Company is the promoter of the Competition.
If any of these rules are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected rules shall be deleted from these Competition Rules but the remaining rules shall continue in full force and effect.
These Competition Rules and each Competition are governed by English law. Any disputes arising between the Company and any third party in relation to these Competition Rules and/or a Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Moscow, Russia (save that the Company shall be entitled to take action against a third party in any other jurisdiction).